What does a cult Brezhnev-era movie have to do with how exploit code finds its bearings in a Windows process’ address space? How can cryptographically insecure hashing functions be exploited to create honeypots that thwart shellcode? We researched this as a part of our Halting Attacks Via Obstructing Configurations project, funded by DARPA Cyber Fast Track. You can read about it in the International Journal of PoC||GTFO, issue 0x12.
- Vulnerability Analysis is Hard
- Bitcoin (Cryptocurrency) – Libertarian Safe Haven Asset or Cyber Tulip Disaster Waiting To Happen?
- Updates to Magiic: local mbox/Thunderbird indexing, color highlighting, and more
- Exploiting Weak Shellcode Hashes to Thwart Module Discovery; or, Go Home, Malware, You’re Drunk!
- Unintended Consequences of Equation Group Malware